Wednesday 24 March 2010

Tomorrow is the by-election in Old Bracknell. Please vote!

I have blogged about the old Bracknell by-election I am standing in a by election for Old Bracknell and My leaflet for Old Bracknell and review‏. 

I am currently suffering from  man flu which as you know is proven to not be a myth and is very macho. But its also not helpful to be ill during a campaign.

I will be standing outside both the polling stations telling, feel free to say hello;

I'm at The Rectory Lane, Community Centre from 7am to 11am and again from 6pm to 10pm

I will be at the Baptist Church, South Hill Road at 11am to noon and again from 2pm to 6pm.

I wish all the candidates luck and I will report on the result as soon as possible.

I would not expect the turnout to be very high for a parish council election and I think these tweets I did refect that fact. I of course hope this is not the case. I thought I would share it with my blog readers.

Tweet 1: Yesterday I delivered my last leaflet for Old Bracknell election or tried to. The lady gave it back to me saying that she doesn't care.

Tweet 2: So I said to her do you care about how much council tax you pay or the services you get, she said no.

Tweet 3: Should I inform the council that this lady does need any services and ask them to increase her council tax after all she doesn't care?


I think its important to vote because the decision made by your elected representatives does make a difference to your life and what elected official does may or may not be inline with your principals. So if you do live in Old Bracknell please do take an interest and vote on who you want to be working for you and representing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment