Tuesday 19 October 2010

Bad experiences with speed cameras

My comments were again in this weeks Bracknell Standard. I was asked the question;
 
It has been revealed that speed cameras cost the council around £97,000 per year and that they could be scrapped. If they are scrapped, what would you like to see them money spent on, or do you think speed cameras are worth spending money on?
 
Details can be found on the Get Bracknell website here
 
And my answer;
 
I have had some bad experiences with speed cameras. On one road the speed was changed (not in Bracknell Forest) and me, my brother and my brothers girl friend were all caught by this change on the same day, a bit unfair.

The second time I was driving on a motorway when I was forced to go faster by a bad driver who I was avoiding, as they almost hit the back of my car along a slip road in road works. So it's not surprising that I think the money could be better spent on protecting vital services.

There are very few speed cameras in the Bracknell Forest area anyway. I suspect other cheaper low maintenance measures would be more effective.

2 comments:

  1. "On one road the speed was changed (not in Bracknell Forest) and me, my brother and my brothers girl friend were all caught by this change on the same day, a bit unfair."

    Could it just be that all of you are lousy drivers, not paying proper attention to what is going on around you?

    "The second time I was driving on a motorway when I was forced to go faster by a bad driver who I was avoiding, as they almost hit the back of my car along a slip road in road works."

    No-one FORCES you to go faster

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you know if I'm a good driver. speed cameras judge speed not driving. I had been driving up and Dow the same road for years. Where I join the road there was no speed sign until after I passed the camera.

    Also I was forced to drive fast by a reckless driver who was obscured by my car. I had to speed up on a long curved road to avoid them

    ReplyDelete