Wednesday 23 March 2011

Stop Budget pre-release spin

I could discuss the positives and negatives from the budget, but I'm sure all y readers have already looked at the budget details and made their own minds up.
 
I just wish that we didn't know so many details about the budget or any other government announcement before the speech itself.
 
I'm happy for leaks to be made for the right reason, which is to highlight issues with policy or bad government. but I really dislike the spin of releasing drops of information by government.
 
Please can we go back to the good old days of not knowing what is in an announcement until such time as it is announced. I want to know assess government policy at the time and after the speeches not with bits and pieces of information before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment