Thursday 5 August 2010

Blog & Newsweek: 15 Bracknell & national politics

Here is a selection of issues making headlines during the past few weeks:


Local News

Political parties see surge in new members - The parties are arguing about how many more members they have. Perhaps they should all simply be happy to have more members.

Schools ‘nod’ to academy status - Ranelagh School is interested in Academy status

Rethinking mental health services - 'MENTAL health services need more funding, said Bracknell’s MP at the launch of a charity’s campaign.'


Local Links

John Redwood The Liberals 1915-24
- covers the decline of the Liberal party in 1915 to 1924

Green Gabbles asks if this is News or advertisment?

Reading List return with the top of the Berkshire Blogs for June as did Green Reading last week here will they both continue?


National Link (Links of the day)

I'm given the role of Minister for Nuclear Weapons on Twitter Cabinet

Scarlet has A Letter of Advice to the Next Leader of the Labour Party

Progressive line ask who are you calling stupid, stupid on AV

Left Outside examines if Does China threaten the Environment?

Left Foot Forward shows Labour members and public disagree on election defeat 


And finally todays link is to the http://failblog.org/ always a bit of fun.

2 comments:

  1. I started doing the blog list as there hadnt been one in May, and I wanted to know how they were doing. I dont know if bythemuddybanks is back as before, in which case I wont have to. Or if he has stopped again then I will try and do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you did I find it interesting myself because I like to see who is new and if anyone has stopped. I guess were keep going 80)

    ReplyDelete